Top 5 on my activity list are:
- Enjoying baths from many natural waterfalls, but my favorite is the Diamond Waterfalls, although you can’t swim under the waterfall, there are many pools where you can tap dips in mineral water which is very refreshing.
- Zip-lining through our tropical rain-forest is an awesome tour, the Adrena-line zip line tour is the most exciting ride for me, I also enjoy taking peaceful walks with my fiance in the tropical rain forest.
- Relaxing mud baths at the sulphur springs which is home to the world’s only drive-in volcano, and one of the main attractions!
- Climbing the Pitons, for me it is a very intense hike, but it’s all worth it. The ultimate goal is reaching the top, the beautiful view is breath-taking up there!
- The Boat Rides are very entertaining, soca music captivates your body as you cruise along the ocean, drinking lots of various drinks, there are lots to try but my favorite is Banana Moonshine. And lastly on my list, enjoying the sandy beaches. A picnic day with my family, or friends is always enjoyable. The tropical weather makes it perfect for visiting the beach, getting a tan (for travelers). To make my beach day even more enjoyable, I treat myself to smoothies from Sea Grapes Restaurant at Bay Gardens Beach Resort (Rodney Bay).
Generally the people of Saint Lucia are very friendly to both locals and travelers who are on vacation, which makes the experience enjoyable and memorable.
Another bonus to my experience in my homeland is FOOD. I enjoy having my taste buds tantalized by lots of unique eats and specialty dishes that showcases my heritage. To name a few, green bananas & salt-fish, pemee, bread nut and lots more!
One of my favorite dishes to make is pigtail bouillon, the ingredients are always readily available, and my family loves this dish when I prepare it. It is also on most menu’s at our restaurants and hotels.
I would also recommend these activities such as horseback riding, or climbing the famous Pitons I mentioned earlier, sea trekking or simply getting that perfect tan on our sandy beaches.
About Sugar Beach Resort
Sugar Beach Resort would be number one on my list, this amazing beach is located in the town of Soufriere.
I loved snorkeling there, the beach is very close to the Pitons so the view is very breath-taking and there are lots of beautiful fishes to see, especially the very colorful ones.
There is a other side to my lifestyle, it is enjoying hotel experiences, my fiance and I love treating our self to days or nights for two! I have stayed at almost half of the hotels on the island, the rest are on my bucket list.