Best Tips to Make the Most of Your Trip
If you are trying to figure out where your next family vacation should be, Orlando is the place for you! The city of Orlando, Florida is ranked in the top 10 tourist cities of the United States. Why, you may ask? Orlando is full of amazing attractions and activities for all the family to enjoy. No need to worry about not knowing what to do for the day because, you will never run out of amazingly fun activities for you and your family at Walt Disney world. Walt Disney World is referred to as the “Happiest Place on Earth” and I would have to agree. The memories formed in these parks will never leave you or your family. Disney World is made up of 4 main theme parks (Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios) and 2 water parks ( Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon). Having lived in Central Florida for 7 years, my family and I were able to discover new ways of enjoying our holidays. With Disney world just minutes from our home we quickly fell in love with the happiest place on earth; however, it was not always that easy planning out days to this amazing world of diverse theme parks. As we became accustomed to the Central Florida area, we learned the ins and outs of planning out our Disney trips as efficiently as possible. If you are planning a trip to Walt Disney World, here are my family's best tips on making the most of this amazing Disney Adventure.
Walk out of Norway and into China at the amazing Epcot
that showcases countries like Italy, France, Morocco and Mexico with amazing foods and architecture from each culture to make you feel like you just travelled the world. Known for its signature giant golf ball at its entrance, this park encourages you to use your imagination to the fullest. Enjoy a trip into your own customized future, a ride on Test Track, an amazingly fast ride on testing out a race car through several different weather conditions or even a trip to space! Whatever you choose to do at this great park , make sure to wear some comfortable shoes and stay hydrated because there will be plenty of walking (this goes to all the other parks at Disney as well).
Besides these main rides at Epcot, make sure to check out some of the hidden gems that my family and I love every time we visit.
- Club Cool: Make sure to stop by the soda store and refresh with some amazing free samples of sodas from all over the world.
- Ellen's Energy Adventure : Follow the hilarious Ellen DeGeneres through time in her subconscious
- Journey into Imagination with Figment: A purple dinosaur called figment shows you through the way of using your imagination
- The seas with Nemo and Friends: Enjoy an amazing follow along with the characters from Nemo followed by a beautiful aquarium.
2. Magic Kingdom Magic Kingdom
, the most popular of all parks due to the Cinderella castle, is full of fun rides and great activities for people of all ages. The park is broken up into five main areas : Main Street, USA , Adventureland, FantasyLand, Liberty Square, Frontierland, and Tomorrowland. Enjoy great rides like Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Under the Sea – Journey of the little mermaid and more. When planning a day at Magic Kingdom or any other park make sure to pack lunches for the family since the food gets pricey. Bring some money for souvenirs and sweet Disney treats and snacks.
This park is the icon that represents Disney World and all its amazing movies. Make sure to check out these super underrated features of the park that you will love .
- Frontierland Turkey Leg Wagon: Stop by and pick up one of Disney World's signature snacks, a delicious turkey leg!
- The Pirates League : Call and make an appointment to have your child transformed into an awesome pirate ( ages 3+).
- Its a Small World: Enjoy a musical trip around the world and discover that it is a small world after all!
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique: Like the pirates league, you must call and make an appointment to have your child transformed into a princess or knight ( ages 3-12).
3. Animal Kingdom Animal Kingdom
is just as the name hints, a world of animals. Similar to Magic Kingdom it is broken down into 6 main areas : Oasis , Dinoland, USA , Discovery Island , Asia, Africa, and Rafiki's Planet watch. Make sure to bring an autograph book, pen and pressed coin collection book to all the parks and collect autographs from Disney characters; collect all different kinds of Disney pressed coins from pressed coin stations all over the parks.
Here you will find rides like Expedition Everest and places like Adventurers Outpost where you can meet Minnie and Mickey Mouse; however this park is not just about the rides. This jungle-like park has many amazing animals to see and zoos the family will love. Here is a list of must do's during your time at Animal Kingdom.
- It's Tough to be a Bug: Take part in my favorite show of all the Disney parks, an amazing show put on by the Bug's life cast.
- Affection Section: Enjoy this amazing petting zoo with your family.
- Wildlife Express Train : Enjoy a captivating train ride through Harambe, Africa .
- Wilderness Explorers: complete challenges and earn badges through the park to become a wilderness explorer.
4. Hollywood Studios Hollywood studios
has amazing shows and performances from characters along with amazing rides like the Tower of Terror and the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith. Make sure to bring extra clothing to all parks since some rides involve you being splashed by water!
Being the smallest park, it offers few rides but many amazing live shows , Frozen Sing-a-longs, and an adventure into some of Hollywood's most famous movies (The Great Movie Ride); just because it's the smallest park do not go downgrading it to the bottom of your to do list just yet. This park is perfect for those Disney Fanatics who are not as big of a fan of roller coaster rides. Make sure to stop by these great activities at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
Evening After Disney
- Star Tours- The Adventures Continue: Enjoy the spectacular stimulation of a space flight.
- Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show: Watch professional stunt performers do flips and tricks live.
- Toy Story Midway Mania: Have fun with the family on this amazingly underrated 4-D shooting game with the Toy Story Cast.
- Club Disney: Dance with Mickey and Friends! ( Great for young children).
Visit these fun filled parks during the day and then cool off at Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon; or if you are too tired for another day at the parks, just sit back and relax for the day at one of these two water parks. Take an evening stroll through Downtown Disney
and Pleasure Island and visit great stores, food trucks, take part of a Lego race or watch a movie. Make sure to plan out your days so that you only schedule one park a day.
This will allow your trip to go by smoothly and allow your family to fully explore the park. When planning out accommodations for your trip, please note that though on maps Disney is said to be located in Orlando, it is truly closer to Orlando's surrounding towns Kissimmee and Celebration; I'd recommend finding hotels in this area or hotels directly on the Disney World location if your family will be visiting Disney for the majority of your time in Florida. However way you decide to coordinate your trip to Disney World, make sure to have fun and make the best of it , it will be the trip of a lifetime!