Miami Vice: One of the best cities!
January 1, 1970
by Norma GaLo
Miami, the adult playground where no matter what season of the year, it is always a good idea to go. Read a book or have a nice relaxing time at the edge of the beach, I woke up in a fancy accomodation with a seaview, there a so many beautiful hotel boutiques in an art deco building where you could stay, who wouldn’t love that?! After you can go for a jog or like I did, go skating in the beautiful parks ocean-front in Biscayne Boulevard, take a walk by the fancy boutiques in Linconln road and shop beautiful goods to take back home that remind you of your trip. So many incredible restaurants where you can eat exquisite food, I personally love rooftops! You will find alot of restaurants or bars in rooftops, you will love them! If you are a night kinda people, your day in Miami has just begun when the sun goes down.
Starting the day at 9:30 am in one of my favorites french cafes “La Provence”, amazing breakfast with healthy sandwiches, croissants, natural juices, coffee, açai bowls and so much more! in: 249 E Flagler St, Miami, FL 33131, United States.
Feeling free, skating in the parks and streets of the Art Deco district in Miami Beach, following the endless skyscraper palmtrees. Another great idea that I discovered and its lots of fun; is to go biking around the city with “Citi Bike”, it is fun, efficent and convenient. You can either have membership or rent a bike for an hour, very durable bikes that are locked into a network of docking stations sited around the city and they can be used 24 hours a day! Amazing isn’t it? I did it and absolutely loved known the city in that way.
If you want to go to the beach (obviously) there are many beautiful beaches with beach clubs or more relaxed like the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Alton Street with Lincoln road, you can rent chairs or beds ( like a queen/king), umbrellas, towels and they have bar service at the beach so you don’t have to worry about anything! VIP service I guarantee you, I loved having my own bed with my sister, cocktails coming and going, reading my favorite book and having a nice tan. So start ordering a couple of margaritas for you and your companion or companions, beers, all kinds of tropical cocktails to stay fresh. On the other hand, if you don’t want to rent chairs or anything you can just take your towel and go have a picnic in the beach with a rossé wine, some snacks, water and don’t forget to pick up your trash on your way out! That is absolutely a great idea too.
WHAT TO DO
It’s like being in the retro era of the 40s and the modern days of today at the same time, a city that has everything, beach, art deco buildings, modern buildings, tropical breeze, best night life for all types of personalities and so much more; it is one of my favorites by far. Now, shopping in Miami is the BEST! You have so many options and so many boutiques with things you won’t find anywhere else. You either love malls or you prefer walking in a street full of cool boutiques (or both) I personally LOVE walking in a nice street full of cool boutiques. There is a very nice mall called Aventura Mall in: 19501 Biscayne Blvd, Aventura, FL 33180, United States; 30 -40 mins far from Mami Beach or Miami Downtown but it’s totally worth it! (Promise). Inside the mall you have more than 200 shops, all kinds of budgets, also there are very nice restaurants where you can have a quick snack or a full lunch; cheescake factory is one of the most famous, there is also a very extensive food court if you have a low budget. BUT, my favorite place to eat there is a small place in a kiosk called Caviar & More offering the finest collection of gourmet food, luxurious caviar, exquisite french Foie Gras in complement with a glass of champagne or wine, YUMMY! There are also delicious pastries and macaroons, it’s something you should not miss!
There is also another amazing way to shop by going to Collins or Lincoln road in Miami beach, where all the shopping , bars, restaurants and night life begins, very chic! There are many curiosities to find there, you just have to explore!
What I’ve found:
- A little shop named “Sparlke & Shine Darling”– it is in Alton street, I came out very inspired! there are alot of beautiful things you can find from cool t-shirts, to decoration for your house, appartment, office etc, perfect to find an amazing gift to take back home and remember you trip. I found out later than it is also a cafe, where you can take macarrons, coffee, tea and so much more IN THE SHOP! Cool isn’t it?
- Peter Lik– Fine art photography gallery, it is iconic! If you don’t buy one of his photographs you have to at least go and check them out! Landscape photography from places around the world inmerse the viewers into tranquil scenes. Amazing!
- The Alquemist- is an amazing Concept store that you definitely have to go, located within the same Lincoln Road parking structure. It has products of beauty, fashion and lifestyle, very unique and sophisticated.
- Nikki Beach- Located right on the sand of 1st and Ocean, this place it’s been the favorite for parties in South Beach, fine beds across the beachfrontand linen chaises are just the perfect landscape to relax or to party with friends. On saturdays and sundays the parties with the best DJs, mojitos, champagne and beautiful people are the reason you realize why Miami is a phenomenon all around the world.
- The Wynwood Arts Dirtrict- An incredible place where you can appreciate over 70 Art galleries in the walls, one of the largest street-art installations. A must when you visit Miami, cause it’s full of inspiration and talent.
There are many more things to discover but this are the ones I discovered that absolutely catched my eye last week I went.
Wynwood Art District (Above).
(Picture on the right) One of the best burgers I’ve ever tried only in Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant.
Me having fun in the sun in the Ritz Carlton beach facilities.
I stayed in the Epic Hotel in Biscayne Boulevard, it has an amazing view and it’s near everything! I hope you enjoy Miami as much as I did. And hope you read me in my next adventure and new discoveries!
Photography by- Norma GaLo