Explore different scenery in 4 days ~ Bali style
FALL IN LOVE WITH WHAT BALI HAS TO OFFER: CLEAR ICE BLUE WATERS, WHITE SANDY BEACHES, TRANQUIL GREEN RICE TERRACES, EXQUISITE OCEANS AND STUNNING VIEWS OVER CLIFFS AND NIGHTLIFE THAT OFFERS AN ETHNIC BALINESE CULTURE & TRADITIONS ~ FOUR REGIONS
When this popular island - Bali gets mentioned people automatically think " A great escape to calmness and no longer feeling trapped in their everyday busy lifestyles." Of course, that is what bail offers, but not only is an Island, it's an Island that doesn’t just offer one style of scenery but has a variety of different regions which offer different things to explore. It offers many popular destinations but there are also many hidden gems that very few travelers have discovered.
Tips for traveling to Indonesia:
- Make sure you have your passport with you, make copies to keep in your luggage.
- Visa's may be required on arrival in Indonesia – make sure to do your research.
- Have some cash on hand.
- If you are exploring throughout Bali – Pack light and specifical for what each region offers.
- Remember to pack any medication for Nausea, diarrhea or personal needs.
- Respect the locals and their traditions.
- Remember your camera and most important have fun.
1. Baturiti: Tranquil Green coffee Terraces, Yoga in the clouds and Pure relaxation.If you are just looking for a tranquil place somewhere between the lush green of rice terraces with breathtaking views and calmness then this is the place to be. Visiting this beautiful resort Yoga above the clouds that is surrounded by coffee terraces definitely allows to you catch your breath. If you are looking to just relax you could enjoy a yoga session overlooking the coffee terraces in the early hours of the morning, followed by a tasteful tropical breakfast which is included for free in your night stay. If you didn't feel like heading out to explore the area you could relax under the Lapa reading your favorite book or just embracing the beautiful view this fantastic region has to offer – Peace of mind. Some places to visit in Baturiti:
- The heartland of Bali Tour
- Bedugul Village and Tanah Lot Tour
- Abandoned Bedugul Hotel
- Bali Treetop Adventure Park
- Pasar Candi Kuning – exploring markets & Souvenir shops
2. Ubud: The Famous Luwak coffee, My favorite ~ The big Bali Swing and the Chocolate Pod Factory.Ubud is known to be the center of traditions and cultures in Bali not only is it surrounded by historic Hindu Temples & shines Rice Terraces & Rainforests but it also gives you a taste of Bali while exploring hidden gems. On our way to start our booked tours our taxi driver offered an additional stop to try the famous Luwak coffee which was a coffee plantation that was owned by a family and a lot of tourists would stop by to taste more than 10 different kinds of coffees and teas – Coconut coffee, red ginger tea and so on, if you liked any you could purchase some to take home. Feeling sweet? Then the chocolate Pod factory is the place to be. Learn all about the Cocoa Bean and how it is harvested. Enjoy tasting different kinds of chocolate and even experience on making your own chocolate. All the chocolates could be purchased and are great gifts. Place your fears behind you and feel free as you swing on one of the tandem swings (5m – 78m) High overlooking the beautiful valley and waterfall it is surrounded by. If you take the full package for under 33 USD, you get access to all activities including the hanging nest, big stone Bali sign, open bar and indulge in a traditional Balinese lunch buffet.
3. Sanur: Souvenir shops, Nightlife & Amazing food.This friendly area has everything nearby if you are looking to just relax at your resort, soak up the sun on the beach or explore the nightlife, it is all within walking distance. Experience a Balinese buffet option at your resort or explore the streets which offer many restaurants after dinner you could explore the souvenir shops and buy some souvenirs gifts for friends and family back home. However, you plan to enjoy this area it has a lot of options to choose from and you won't get bored easily.
4. Three Islands: Nusa Penida, Nusa Ceningan & Nusa LembonganTravel to these islands on a speedboat and enjoy the beautiful clear blue waters. Nusa Lembongan is the most popular island amongst the three. It offers diving, paddle board surfing, snorkeling and banana boat rides. You can also soak up some sun on the white sandy beach or float around in the onsite pool. There are food facilities and surf hotels. Nusa Ceningan offers seaweed farms and fishing boats and snorkeling including an underwater garden whereby you can see a Buddha statue and Hindu statue. Take a deep breath like I did and touch the Buddha statue- It gives you good luck. Nusa Penida is least explored but offers history and Temples. This area has limited accommodation and is starting to grow bigger.
5.Uluwatu: Cliff views, Oceans, Sunsets & Pure relaxation.Uluwatu offers different kinds of resorts but when I found La Joya I fell in love immediately, not only does this resort look breathtaking it has nearby activities and a small town you could explore but like me, I was stuck here and didn't want to leave. This resort offered it all, four different pools, two Jacuzzi’s with one on the edge of the cliff, private beach, restaurant and spa facilities with a bar. Who would want to leave when you can sip on a cocktail with subtle music in the background while relaxing in the Jacuzzi admiring mind-blowing views of the ocean and sailing boats while the sun goes down.
ALL the above mentioned can be seen and traveled in 4 days although I would recommend you to extend your stay for longer if this is your only destination and if you want to explore more places, but if you were like me and were traveling more than one country on your trip then this destination is ideal if you are looking at seeing all that Bali has to offer in a limited time period or if you are connecting from another country/Destination. Original days spent in each place and recommendation on days: Baturiti -> 1 day (I recommend 2 days or more) Ubud -> Day trip (I recommend 1 day or more) Sanur -> 2 days (I recommend 2 days or more) Islands – Nusa Penida, Nusa Ceningan & Nusa Lembongan-> day trip (I recommend to stay over on an island) Uluwatu -> 1 day (I recommend 2 days or more) Bali is a spectacular place and even though a lot of people may think it is only a small Island it has a lot of different places to explore and I can promise you-you will be returning in no time to wander around new places or even visit the ones you have been before. It’s like a dream you never want to wake up from and most certainly a destination every single person should have their bucket list.