A Day in Enchanted Kingdom: A Magical Way to Celebrate
by Kathlyn Cacho
Friday, January 11, 2019
Amusement parks are very popular in the Philippines as it is part of everyone’s childhood. It’s always included in festivals in every cities and barangays, aside from beauty pageant and street dancing. We widely call it “perya” or “peryahan” in Tagalog.
My sister graduated in August 2018 and I invited her over in Cavite to fulfill my promise. We went to Enchanted Kingdom (EK) in Santa Rosa, Laguna. Laguna is one of the provinces of Calabarzon and is known as the resort capital of Luzon. There are a lot of amusement parks too and Enchanted Kingdom is one of the bests. It has a lot of options open to all ages and a magical place to celebrate.
How to Get There
By EK’s Shuttle Service
They have different shuttle service schedules on weekdays, weekends, and holidays. They religiously update it on their website. I advise to check it before the trip.
Makati to EK
The shuttle is in 2F Ayala Park Square Carpark in Dusit Thani Manila. It costs 360php for the roundtrip and 180php for one-way
EK to Alabang
The shuttle can be found in Starmall Alabang. The fare is 100php (one-way only).
Tickets + Roundtrip Shuttle Rates
- Weekends/Holidays: 1,200php
- Weekdays: 1,100php
By a Bus
Anywhere to Buendia
Ride a bus route to Buendia LRT (e.g. DTLB Bus). The fare is around 12-30php depending on the distance. Drop off at the last stop. Trip duration is 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Buendia to Waltermart Sta. Rosa
Upon drop-off from the bus, you can choose either of the buses: Jam, BBL, or Jac. Check in the bus bound to Santa Rosa, Laguna. Sometimes there are signboards that say EK or Enchanted Kingdom. The fare is around 60-80php. Trip duration is 1 to 2 hours.
Waltermart Sta. Rosa (Balibago) to Enchanted Kingdom
All the buses will drop you off in front of Waltermart Sta. Rosa. From there, you can walk in Balibago to San Lorenzo Road until you see the magical Enchanted Kingdom. Or, ride a tricycle (on the right-side of Waltermart) which is 10php per head. Trip duration is 5-10 minutes.
By a Van or FX
In Manila, you can go to EDSA Crossing (Star Mall EDSA), Mall of Asia in Pasay, or Robinson’s Dasma. There are vans bound to Waltermart Sta. Rosa.
By a Private Vehicle
EK is in San Lorenzo Road, Santa Rosa, Laguna. Its map coordinates are 14.282191, 121.097705. Just follow your vehicle route on Google Maps or Waze and enjoy the trip!
How to get Tickets
Tickets range from 300 to 900php for one-time admissions and a discounted price for group packages. There is also a Magic Card that is valid for one year, has unlimited admissions, passes for exclusive events and more!
Buy Tickets Online
Tickets are available at Klook, SM Tickets, Ticket Net, Ticket World, and Travel Book.
Buy Tickets by the EK Booths
When you get there, there are booths placed at the gate where you can buy tickets.
Things to Do
Selections of entertainment are everywhere and honestly, for adults, you can’t ride it all in one day. Some rides are extreme, and you need a few minutes to get back in the mood.
- Air Pterodactyl: 8 airplanes revolve counterclockwise
- Air Race: 6 acrobatic planes
- Anchor’s Away: a pirate ship that moves in a pendulum motion
- Boulderville Express: moves in locomotive
- Bouncing Boulder: mini tower ride
- Bumbling Boulders: boulders that revolve clockwise
- Bump N’ Splash: bumper boats equipped with water squirters
- Dodgem: bumper cars
- Disk-O-Magic: spinning and rocking motion ride
- EKstreme: 40 meters high and drops at 76 kph ride
- Flying Fiesta: swing ride
- Jungle LogJam: log ride that splashes to the water
- Rialto 4D: motion simulator theater
- Rio Grande Rapids: rubber raft rushing roughly on water
- Roller Skater: mini roller coaster
- Space Shuttle: thrilling coaster ride in 2 minutes
- Stone Eggs: mini Ferris Wheel
- Swan Lake: slow-paced boat ride with pedals
- The Grand Carousel: chariots and horses rides
- Up Up and Away: an air balloon ride
- Wheel of Fate: big old-fashioned Ferris Wheel
Rides and Attractions with Separate Rate
- 7D Interactive Motion Theater: XD Dark Ride, Light Gun Motion Ride adventure (100php regular rate, discounts for seniors and PWDs)
- Fun Kart: 10-minute racing car (380php for 1-seater; 470php for 2-seater)
- Kindermagic: kiddie center for 8-year-olds and below (100php/hour and 50php/guardian)
- Laser Mission: navigate web lasers: 100php
- Ghostbusters Adventure Live: 100php
- Xtreme Paintball Philippines (XPP): starts at 120php for 20 rounds
- Shows and Entertainments: zone shows, musicals and multi-act theatrical
- Skill Games: fun-filled game booths
- Captured Memories: photo capturing within the rides for 250php per photo
- Educational Tours
Sightseeing, shopping, and dining
For those who are afraid of rides and just want to chill out, Enchanted Kingdom is a good place too! You can enjoy the different theme parks, the smiles, laughter, the food, and shopping.
Agila the EKsperience
One of the major attractions in Enchanted Kingdom is the magical flight across the Philippines like you are a Philippine Eagle soaring above the mountains and seas. Agila is the first flying theater in the Philippines and you will certainly feel the flying motion, some splash of waters from the waterfalls and rivers, and the air rushing against your face.
Where to Stay
Most of the people coming to the Enchanted Kingdom go home on the same day. But just in case there are complications and you need to stay, there are apartelles and motels around the area. You can ask the tricycle drivers to bring you to one of them.
How it Closes
Enchanted Kingdom closes the gates by a fireworks display. The event is called Sky Wizardy (part of the Shows and Entertainment). That was the moment when my sister and I just watched the whole show and later realized that we forgot to record the spectacular view. This was our dream travel when we were kids and we are so happy we did go and experience it. Hope you will come too and enjoy the day!
by Kathlyn CachoFriday, January 11, 2019
An often misunderstood soul who loves discovering new places, excited to experience new things, and loves life as if it's the last day. She writes, captures moments, and treasures them. She is also a lesbian with an adopted son. She knows what she wants and how to get it. The end-goals is always for her son. She knows that sharing is the best thing to do to in times of healing. Cheers!Read more at self-boost.com
Leave a Comment...
January 18, 2019