Delhi is not just the capital of India, it is the heart of India. It is an ancient and amazing city that has a charm of its own. Delhi along with its growth has also preserved its heritage. In Delhi, you can see wide roads, large buildings, modern equipment and at the same time you can see monuments from very ancient times. It has a large number of tourist attractions which makes it really popular among tourists. And getting there is really easy, as it is connected to all parts of the world.Within Delhi, you can move around easily with the help of Delhi metro, which is the lifeline of Delhi(for more details, visit Delhi metro). Not just Delhi Metro, you can use various other modes of transport as well like AC buses, Cabs, Autos, etc.
You can also take a HoHo(Hop-on Hop-off) bus tour, it is a one-day bus tour of Delhi which will take you to the most popular places of Delhi. (for more details, visit HoHo Tour)
Where to Stay?
You can get a lot of good places to stay depending on your budget. At a reasonable price, you can find a good stay at places like Paharganj, Karol Bagh and Connaught Place (CP). And for an High-end stay also, there is no shortage, you can find the variety of 5-star hotels and places in Chattarpur, South Delhi, etc.
Best time to visit – October to March
Places to See
There are a lot of ancient and heritage monuments along with other places that every visitor should see during his/her spree to Delhi. Be it religious, historical or fun, Delhi has all in it. Some of them are:
- Red Fort – Built by the Mughal Emperor, Shahjahan in 1637. UNESCO world Heritage, is having a rich Mughal history. You can get there any day except Monday.
- Jama Masjid – Jama Masjid of Delhi is one of the largest mosques in India. You will get a calm and serene environment there.
- India Gate – It is the place of which every Indian is proud of. It is a war memorial which salutes the soldiers who lost their lives while protecting India.
- Qutub Minar– a UNESCO World Heritage Site, 120 meters long and is the tallest brick minaret in the world.
- Humayun’s Tomb – It is the tomb of Mughal Emperor Humayun in Delhi. it is an another interesting monument depicting the ancient history of Delhi.
These are just a few of the lot. There are numerous sites you would love to see.
Shopping is another main attraction of Delhi. You can buy clothes for some lacs and in hundreds of bucks as well. Delhi gives you all the options. Besides the crowded marketplace, you can find a large number of malls as well for your comfortable shopping.
Some of the major shopping destinations are:
- Chandni Chowk – Most Popular amongst tourists. you can find a huge variety of cloth material, readymade suits and sarees at a very reasonable cost. It is also very famous for its jewellery collection.
- Janpath – Another Popular shopping destination, known for the best street shopping.
- Sarojini Nagar – One of the Delhi’s biggest market. Here, you can get fashionable clothes at amazing prices.
- GK M-Block Market – Known for its high-end shopping. You can find most of the designer labels here.
- KarolBagh – Shopper’s Market, here you can get mostly all your shopping needs solved. Also, you can get the cheapest electronic products at Gaffar market.
Lip Smacking Food
Delhi, along with its monuments is also known for its Food. Thanks to its heritage. You will be amazed to see the variety of cuisines available in Delhi. You can get mouth watering chaat, paranthas, kebabs, desserts, etc that will be remembered for your lifetime. Some of the most popular are:
- Paranthas – You can get at least 20 types of paranthas to taste in Delhi. Yes, you heard it right! 20.
- Chaat – Delhi is known for its chaat. You should taste yummy Aloo Chaat, Tikki, Papdi chat to name a few.
- Kebabs – Thanks to Mughals, you can get a huge variety of kababs in Delhi.
- Butter Chicken – Being In North India, you will get best of it here.
- Dessert – Giani’s Kulfi is another one of the most popular dessert in Delhi.
Don’t forget to taste these. And Let me remember you! These are just a few of the delicacies that Delhi offers.
If you are travelling with your kids, the Delhi has some great fun activities and places for them as well where they would love to go.
- Children’s Park – A park dedicated to children with full of rides for every child age group. Every Delhite has a childhood memory of this park.
- Nehru Planetarium – There are 5 planetariums in 5 major cities of India. You can watch informative space shows there which will give your kid a true insight of space and science.
- Boating – You can enjoy boating at several places in Delhi. It will give you a truly amazing feeling. You can enjoy it as a couple as well.
- Amusement Parks– Delhi has lots of amusement and water parks, where you can enjoy various rides , activities like paint-ball, ice skating, etc.
- Bal Bhavan – Must go place with kids. Here you can enjoy toy train, photography and various other fun filled activities.
- Always carry local currency as it is needed in most of the Places.
- Don’t forget to bargain in Delhi Markets.
- Beware of Touts at various places.
- Always take a tour guide with a valid government ID.
- You can’t visit all in one day, so make sure to have ample amount of time to enjoy Delhi.
In Short –
If you are planning to visit India then Delhi is a must visit place. Delhi will make you amazed with its people, culture, sites, activities and food. It will enrich your experience towards life. Surely, It will be one of your memorable trips.